Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cane + Austin Ultra Sheer Weightless Sunscreen



Cane + Austin SPF 55 Protect
2 fl. oz.  $38
When I recently attended the HBA Global Beauty Expo, I was happy to meet the team representing Cane + Austin.  Cane is not a person.  It refers to the pharmaceutical grade glycolic acid, derived from natural sugar cane, that Dr. Austin uses in his Hollywood favorite Retexturizing Pads. 


I have used and loved this product before and blogged about it with a resounding rave, (http://divadebbi.blogspot.com/2010/09/just-padding-around.html).

I was anxious to hear what else had been developed by Dr. Austin and was pleased that he did the natural follow-up and createdRetexturizing Pads for the Body.  A jar of 60 large pads arrived yesterday and my elbows, knees and decollete squealed with joy. (Stay tuned for a future review)

The also showed me another product they were quite proud of,  theirUltra Sheer Weightless Sunscreen, with SPF 55 designed to block both UVA and UVB rays. I  crooked my eyebrow, expecting to see yet another heavy sunscreen that looked like Milk of Magnesia...

I couldn't have been more wrong. Ultra Sheer Weightless Sunscreen is a silky lightweight fluid, that absorbs in an instant.  It also leaves a luminous glow on your skin. I think it's ideal for use on the face and tops of hands.

Here is how they describe it:


ULTRA SHEER WEIGHTLESS SUNSCREEN

NEW! A weightless, ultra-sheer SPF55 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection that is optimal for daily use.
Provides an optimum residue-free, transparent finish and is ideal for use alone or under makeup. Fortified with anti-oxidants (green tea, vitamin E and Co-Q10) and organic UV absorbers. Contains no oil, fragrance, alcohol or parabens.
As I continue to faithfully stay out of the sun for the second summer, I am delighted to have finally found a  sunscreen that not only protects, but actually enhanced the appearance of my makeup.  All this and they put the good stuff in and took the bad stuff out too. 


You can purchase Cane + Austin products on their website and luxury beauty retailers like Space NK Apothecary.  Dr. Austin also practices in Manhattan.  He is dedicated to helping his patients look their best with little pain or downtime.  After 20 years of successfully achieving great success with his in-office patients, now we can all benefit from his experience.


In a word: impressive.
xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment