Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The $24 Lip Job: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Gloss

 

Bobbi Brown Rose Sugar Lip Gloss
$24
 

I adore my friends...and the closer we are, the more we don't hold back. Girlfriend creed is to be able to tell your friends what other people are saying, or at least suspecting. I have a posse that I'm relying on to tell me the second my sleeveless days are over.

I was enjoying a Holiday drink with my hilarious friend Monica the other night in Greenwich.  One sip in, she said, "so, you got your lips done", wasting not a second.

"No, actually I didn't. They are all mine, but I am wearing an old favorite,
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Gloss."

I was surprised to see it offered as a Sephora Insider perk in Greenwich, since they are not a branch that carries Bobbi.  Naturally, I snagged one, particularly since the shade offered, Rose Sugar, was perfectly gorgeous. (The colors on the website look nothing like they do in person, so I strongly suggest seeing them in person).

I picked up a full size gloss at Blue Mercury today and even that was slightly lighter than my Sephora sample, which was perhaps a few years old.

Odd.




The thing that I always loved about Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Lip Glosses, is that they really dress the lip up a bit. They are a little sticky, but aside from that slight nuisance, you get a lot longer wear out of an application, than a traditional gloss.  The shimmer, thankfully has nothing to do with "frost" and it actually does make your lips look fuller and more youthful.

There is good stuff in it too, Vitamin C and E, and Jojoba and Avocado Oils, which are both anti-aging and moisturizing.

I guess it has been awhile since I purchased one, since they are priced 20% more than the last time I bought one. But, on the plus side, it's a lot cheaper than Restalyne and I imagine, whole lot less painful too...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment